Sunday, June 10, 2012

Goodbye Braai





On Saturday, the Kimberly House hosted a "Goodbye Braai" to which we invited EVERYONE who had played an influential role during our semester in South Africa. In preparation for the event, the roommates were busy cooking and cleaning all day. And I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever seen the house as clean as it was that day. Even the dishes were done, which is quite a rarity in a house of 21 college students. 

The night was enjoyed by all and I am so thankful to all those who were able to attend. We have been so blessed to have had the support of such amazing people and they will always have a special spot in my heart. 

In celebration of a successful evening, a few of my housemates and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for a margarita (favorite is a relative term considering its Mexican food is a country that has a very minuscule Mexican population). Apparently a full day of cooking and cleaning was a lot for me to handle seeing as I fell asleep face down on the table. At least my roommates woke me up before they left! 



No comments:

Post a Comment