Thursday, January 26, 2012

An unexpected roommate...

Unfortunately, we seem to have a slight infestation...

During my second night in the Kimberly house, my roommate and I had just turned off the lights and laid down for bed. After a few minutes of chatting, I felt a weird thump on my chest. Thinking that I had just imagined it, we carried on with our conversation. A few seconds after, I felt something brush along my neck. Instantly I hopped out of bed and lunged for the light switch. As the room was illuminated, I prayed that it had just been my hair sweeping across my neck. But to my horror, it was not. 

Instead, on my pillow I found a giant cockroach. Needless to say, the entire house was awaken by our screams. The cockroach fled from my bed to Christine's bed, into our closet, up the wall, through our drawers...it was traumatizing. Thankfully, my roommate and hero, Christine, eventually caught the cockroach.

Sadly, that wasn't the only one. Since that pleasant incident, we have found at least a dozen more. And I'm sure there will be more to come. 

Sweet dreams from the Kimberly House....

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is welcome to warm climates. It's like that in Georgia as well. Although it doesn't really get any easier, you will just become used to it! Hee hee!!!!

    ReplyDelete